[Dev] SPI on HiKey

Zhong Kaihua zhongkaihua at huawei.com
Mon Nov 9 06:32:34 UTC 2015

Hi kazumoto,

Clock_sys 21,which is divided from syspll, is used for both work clock and
bus clock on hi6220. If you refer to the docs at
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/spi/, you may find that some other SOCs
also work like that.

BTW, we are interested in how you test SPI on Hikey board. Can you share
your test methods and test case to us? We are evaluating if we should
upsteam our DTSI patch to the mainline branch, and we do not have related
test environment.

Regards,

Kaihua Zhong

On 2015/10/31 10:04, chenfeng wrote:
> loop zhongkaihua
>
> On 2015/10/30 16:16, Guodong Xu wrote:
>> + Puck Chen, from Huawei.

>>> From: kkojima at drone.co.jp
>>> To: dev at lists.96boards.org
>>> Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 07:52:31 +0900
>>> Subject: [Dev] SPI on HiKey
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've heard that the next release will include SPI support, so this
>>> might be already a bit old topic.
>>> I'm trying SPI on HiKey according to the thread
>>> https://www.96boards.org/forums/topic/hikey-board-spi/
>>> with a .dsti hunk
>>>
>>> spi_0: spi at f7106000 {
>>> compatible = "arm,pl022", "arm,primecell";
>>> reg = <0x0 0xf7106000 0x0 0x1000>;
>>> #address-cells = <1>;
>>> #size-cells = <0>;
>>> interrupts = <0 50 4>;
>>> reset-controller-reg = <0x330 0x334 0x338 9>;
>>> clocks = <&clock_sys HI6220_SPI_CLK>;
>>> clock-names = "apb_pclk";
>>> pinctrl-names = "default";
>>> pinctrl-0 = <&spi0_pmx_func &spi0_cfg_func>;
>>> status = "ok";
>>> };
>>>
>>> on linux-xenomai kernel. Now it looks OK at least for the loop test
>>> on the spidev which is added as a sub-node
>>>
>>> spidev at 0 {
>>> compatible = "linux,spidev";
>>> spi-max-frequency = <500000>;